Tuesday, July 31, 2012

 Amos Thurston Richardson met and married Sarah matilda Weed.She was from Deer Isle.They had 3 children;Inez Luella,Zora and Elroy Defaurice Richardson(who is my Great Grandfather)All of the stories referring to Grampie Richardson will be him.
 Elroy grew up,met and married Lydia M. Gott.(Grammie Richardson). They had 3 children;Joe(1883-1903),Nesta G. Richardson Johnson(1886-1946) and Defaurice Brown Richardson(1891-1933).Defaurice is my Grandfather and will be referred as Grampa Brown in future stories.
 Defaurice grew up,met and married Gladys Jordan.They had 6 children;Clara,Defaurice,Leola,June Lydia,Muriel and Beulah.
 The young Defaurice grew up;met and married Mary Sheppard.They had 1 child.Me! I'm JuneLydia(the younger).
 And here we are......

5 comments:

  1. My great grandmother was Lanie Zora (or Zora Lane, perhaps?) Gott who married Captain Eben Artemis Gott. I've been searching for the link to her since I have no record of where she is buried. I think your blog may be the connection I'm looking for. Do you know if there is a family burial plot, maybe on Deer Isle? When my grandfather was alive he would often go to Deer Isle and visit the cemeteries from his childhood. But he's been gone a long time and I don't have the information about where they were. Any help you can offer would be appreciated and I'll gladly share anything I've got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ancestor was Loania Zora, who married Eben Artemus Gott.

    I have six children of Amos and Sarah Matilda (Weed) Richardson:
    1. Leona Elzora (twin) b. 1855 no further record
    2. Inez "Iny" Luella (twin) b. 1855 married John Edward Small
    3. Loania Zora b. 1856 married Eben Artemus Gott
    4. Elroy Deforrest b. 1857 married Lydia M. Gott
    5. Mariah A. b. 1862 no further record
    6. Byron D. b. 1863 no further record

    I have a feeling that child number 1 and my ancestor number 3 are the same.

    As far as cemetery records go, Eben is buried at Tea Hill-Knowlton Cemetery on Deer Isle.

    Other info I have:
    When they married, he was 22 and she was only 17.
    He was a soldier in the Civil War. Amos enlisted 2 Oct 1864 at age 35. He was a private, and was drafted to Company C, Maine 11th Infantry. This company formed in Bangor, and then made their way south to join up with the Army of the Potomac. He was at Appomattox when General Lee surrendered, and was discharged soon after.

    Cynthia Joslin at cindyjoslin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. After further research, Leona and Luania are not the same; they are sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After further research, Leona and Luania are not the same; they are sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excited to maybe find a new link to my Johnson side of ancestry! Perhaps your Nesta G. Richardson married my grandmother's brother, Grover Cleveland Johnson "Bob" June 3, 1905 in Bucksport!

    ReplyDelete